An Everest update from Ben Jones, Expedition Leader at Alpine Ascents – 11th May.
“This morning we left Camp 2 early in the morning to descend all the way to Basecamp just in time for a second breakfast. The team is strong and efficient making it a smooth climb whether to Camp 3 yesterday or back down through the Khumbu icefall to BC. We will be here at Basecamp for awhile. We will be resting and monitoring the weather forecasts looking for a later weather window for our summit bid.
“Our Sherpa carried the first of 2 loads to the South Col today in good weather and hoping they will successfully complete the second load tomorrow setting us up with stocked camps ready for our summit bid. They will need some much deserved rest in a couple days when they arrive back to Basecamp!
“Thanks for following along”