Everest 2021 Update – IMG – 3rd May

An update from Greg Vernovage at International Mountain Guides on May 3rd.

“Expedition Leader Jonathan Schrock has been watching the weather and looking for the best time to have the team head back up on their second rotation.

“With some precipitation in the forecast for Mount Everest, the team has decided to go into a holding pattern at EBC to wait out the snow that is predicted for tonight and tomorrow.

“The team is strong and ready to get back on the mountain for their next rotation. A day or two more of rest will only help the team get even stronger as they are going up on an important Camp 3 rotation. With the additional rest at EBC, Teams 1 and 2 are now going to be on the same schedule.

“We also have some of our Sherpa Team at Camp 2 who will take a look at the weather in the morning and see if they can get a load of oxygen and gear up to Camp 3 and the South Col.”

“Ready to climb when the weather breaks on Mount Everest!”