An update from Garrett Madison, expedition leader at Madison Mountaineering – 3rd May.
“Hello! This is Garrett calling in for the Everest and Lhotse team dispatch.”
“We had a restful day in base camp and are preparing to head up tonight on our second rotation. Half of our team went up yesterday to Camp I and spent the night. They’ve been resting there today. The rest of us will head up tonight and join them hopefully early tomorrow morning and we’ll all make our way together up to Camp II for three nights in Camp II.”
“Our entire team of climbers, guides, and Sherpas, and Nepal staff are doing well here at Everest base camp and on the mountain and we’re looking forward to heading up and continuing our expedition. The weather looks pretty good – a little snow in the forecast but not much wind as far as we can see. So, that bodes well perhaps for an earlier summit than normal, maybe a mid-May summit if we’re lucky – fingers crossed.”
“All’s well and we’ll check in soon!”